Because we all have our favorite foods and inside jokes, I bring you:
First, let me tell you a very short and funny story.
One day, my dad was hungry and looking around in the fridge for snacks and he looks over at my mom and asks, “Where do you keep the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?”
As though she just had a stash of pre-made pb&j sandwiches stored away for eating at a moment’s notice, or some sort of emergency situation. She just looked at him confused and the rest of us started laughing hysterically. (You have to understand, my family is pretty goofy. And we laugh A LOT.)
So, now anytime anyone in my family is hungry and we can’t find anything to eat in the house, we say to each other, “Where do you keep the peanut butter sandwiches?”
The other night, my husband and I were hungry and we went over to my parents’ house to watch some shows with them. (I think it was Daredevil on Netflix. Great show by the way, highly recommended.) Anyway, we asked my mom where the peanut butter sandwiches were and she told us they were in the fridge. And I opened the door to find this:
That’s right. In the fridge there were actually two pre-made sandwiches my mom had made earlier that day. So of course, I immediately had to take a picture of these lovely sandwiches just sitting there waiting for us. Then I put mine on this beautiful, teal Gordon Ramsay plate and cut it in half:
Perfect snack. By the way, in case you were curious, the jam was raspberry and the bread was Milton’s Whole Grain.
If you haven’t already figured it out, peanut butter is definitely one of my favorite foods. I could (and do) eat peanut butter on almost anything. Oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, even in cakes. Peanut butter cake is amazing, especially with chocolate and/or banana… but that’s for another day and another post.
My 10 favorite foods, in no particular order are:
- Peanut Butter, of course.
- Garbanzo Beans, or Chickpeas, whichever you like to call them. Literally, you can make sooooo many things with these delicious little guys.
- Dark Chocolate. Yes, it has to be dark chocolate. Plus it’s healthier than the milk variety. (any excuse, right?)
- Avocado. Serious yum. Again, I could eat this on or with almost anything. Plus there’s the benefit of healthy fat in avocados.
- Potatoes. Omg. “I’ll have the latkes with a side of pan fried potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato salad and fries pls. kthnx.”
- Pasta. Aaand now you realize that a low carb diet is definitely NOT for me. (But I try to eat whole grains as much as humanly possible.)
- Waffles. Yep, I know. But they’re so freaking delicious.
- Apples. Easy, convenient, healthy, portable. They’re good in salads, cakes, sauces, beans, ciders… the list goes on and on.
- Eggplant. Honestly, I can’t ever get enough eggplant. Someday I must learn how to cook it so I can eat it to my heart’s content.
- Nectarines. I’m so excited that it’ll soon be the time of year for these to show up in grocery stores once again! Love, love love.
Now that you know my top favorite foods, when will you be having me over for dinner? Kidding… but what are your favorite foods?