Tips for a Flawless Face Part Two
Now we’re going to talk about finding your perfect cheek color. Cheek color is one of those things where wearing the wrong color (or not wearing any at all) can have people wondering if you’re sick because it’s not always obvious what it is but something just isn’t right. Or even worse, you could end up looking like a clown because your blush is too dark or too bright.
The key to finding your perfect cheek color is to choose a shade that is similar to your natural blushing skin tone.
Think about the shade your cheeks turn when you get just a tiny bit embarrassed or excited, the hint of color you get naturally after working out. Maybe even that tint when you’ve gotten just a little too much sun. (Not that you should ever try to do this, please always wear sunscreen; but you probably know what shade your skin turns with the slightest coloring from the sun, and I don’t mean a full on sunburn!)
You want to mimic this natural tone that is truly your own. You want to keep your blush the same depth as your skin tone whether it’s light, medium or dark.
- If your skin is very pale and you blush very pink, choose a cheek color that is a light, cool pink like rose or cotton candy.
- If your skin has more of a golden glow, you’ll want to select a cheek color that’s warmer, like a peach or salmon.
- For medium skin tones, go for berry shades if you’re cooler and orangey hues if you’re warmer. You’ll want to look for blushes that have more pigment in them so that they don’t disappear into your complexion.
- If your complexion is darker, opt for a darker cheek color as well. If your natural tone is more reddish, a wine colored cheek color will be best for you.
- If your complexion is more bronze, you will want your cheek color to be as well.
The goal when you’re applying cheek color is to achieve an even finish, not a concentrated area of color that can look severe. Start by applying blush on the apples of your cheeks (the fullest part of your cheeks when you smile), then extend it along your cheekbones and blend.
Part 3 will be all about eyeshadow so don’t go anywhere!