I was super surprised to get an email from my friend and fellow blogger Chelsea from The Johnsons Plus Dog nominating me for the Liebster Award. Chelsea’s blog is full of tips on wedding planning, DIY crafts and adventures of their first home remodel. I’ve had a lot of fun getting to know Chelsea through her blog in the past few months. This month marks the six month anniversary for my blog, so thank you so much to Chelsea for the nomination! I am truly honored.
Liebster comes from the German word for dear, beloved or sweetheart which I think makes this award that much sweeter.
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It’s a pay-it-forward-way to encourage fellow writers to keep writing, virtually meet, network and support each other. And it’s a great way to meet new bloggers too.
THE LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Post your award to the blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a small group of other bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
Here are the questions Chelsea gave me and my answers!
1. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
I’d have to say that being able to make my blog my own is what I love most about it. I can have fun with it, be creative, there are really no rules and I love that.
2. What has surprised you most about blogging?
The support from other bloggers has really surprised me! I never realized that there was such a ‘community’ in the blogging world and I’ve really enjoyed being able to meet and be inspired by others.
3. Where do you hope your blog is in three years?
I really would like to be able to write more on my blog. About a wider range of topics and maybe even throw some short stories on it if I ever get around to writing them out. I’d also really like to earn a little from it here and there, maybe enough to support me keeping up with it. haha
4. What’s your favorite blog post you’ve ever written and why?
My favorite post was probably the series I did about color analysis because it’s always been one of my very favorite topics to play with. I’m very infatuated with colors and color schemes.
5. Describe a typical day in the life of you!
There really is no ‘typical’ day in my life because depending on what’s going on with my husband’s business or whether my dad is working on a house, I could be helping package and ship out computers, parts or equipment or I could be painting the inside of a house, or even possibly have a day to work on my blog or other things on my computer or around our own house. It’s a little unpredictable, but I like it much better than any of the more conventional jobs that I’ve had in the past.
6. Which of your cats is your favorite and why?
Well, I don’t know that I’m allowed to have a favorite, but I can tell you which cat favors me! Hansel is constantly at my side, at my feet, in my lap or even trying to sleep on my head at night. We always joke that I should wear a papoose to carry him around with me during the day so that he won’t whine so much. (Yes, he whines if I’m not giving him attention 24/7)
7. What have you enjoyed most in your home renovation so far?
My favorite part of any renovation is picking out the paint colors! But the moment I love most is when it all starts to come together and all the hard work is finally noticeable and the results are within sight. That moment when a wall is fully painted or the floor is installed and you can step back and enjoy the difference you’ve made.
8. What was the most important thing you learned during the home buying process?
The sale is never over until the escrow closes. No matter how sure you are that it’s a done deal and the house is yours, don’t celebrate until that escrow is completed and closed.
9. What’s #1 on your wish-list to Santa this year?
I’m really hoping Santa will bring me a new kitchen… but if that’s asking too much, a new pair of cotton pajamas is usually my favorite Christmas present to open.
10. What’s your favorite TV show?
My favorite TV show of all time would have to be Heroes. I can’t even explain my obsession with that show because you’d probably just think there was something wrong with me, lol.
And now, for my nomination! I’m nominating Sarah at Cunningham Love Story because Sarah is a lifestyle blogger like me and I really love reading her posts. She’s a young newlywed and mom to an adorable little dog named Murphy. I really enjoy reading Sarah’s blog and following her on instagram (not only for the adorable pics of Murphy, though that is a huge part of it, I can’t lie.) Her recent post in honor of October being National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month, “Stop Asking When a Couple is Going to Have a Baby” solidified my appreciation and nomination of her and her blog.
So, here are my questions for Sarah:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- If you could choose anywhere in the world to take a vacation, where would you go?
- Where would you like your blog to be in the long term?
- How did you meet your husband?
- What is your favorite show to watch on Netflix?
- Which of your blog posts was your favorite to write so far?
- What are you hoping Santa will bring you this Christmas?
- What has been the most challenging part of blogging for you?
- Is there one food or meal you simply couldn’t live without?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Can’t wait to read Sarah’s answers!