Winter coloring is cool and vibrant.
Some descriptive words for the winter seasonal palette are true, vivid, and sharp.
- If you are a Winter you have a lot of depth to your coloring and a bluish or pinkish undertone to your skin. Some olive-yellow undertones may be visible but to a lesser extent than the cool undertones.
- Your eyes are intense and you have a high contrast between your hair color, eye color and skin tone or an overall deep look with olive to black skin, dark eyes and black-brown hair.
- Winter coloring is very vivid, which is why you shine in black and other colors that have a strong jewel quality to them. You will see these tones appear over and over again in the winter color palette.
- Your hair is typically very dark, ranging from deep medium brown to jet black. As you age your hair will turn a grey or salt and pepper color. In some instances a Winter can have blonde hair, but it is very cool and almost white looking.
Not all Winters are alike. Winters may be Deep, Cool, or Clear.
Do you have dark hair and dark eyes?
- Is your hair dark brown to black?
- Do you have dark brown or ebony eyes?
- Do you have dark eyebrows and lashes?
- Does your hair have an ebony rather than a reddish tone?
- Does your skin have a pink or blue tinge?
If you are Deep and Cool, you are a Deep Winter.
Deep Winters have an overall look that is deep and cool.
Does your hair have prominent gray (ashy) tones?
- Do you have pink or bluish undertones to your skin?
- Is your hair really dark or a gray that’s more silvery in tone?
- Does your skin have a clarity to it?
- Are your eyes dark blue, green, or clear brown?
If you are Cool and Clear, you are a Cool Winter.
Cool Winters have an overall look that is clear and cool.
Is your hair dark but your eyes light?
- Do you have bright, striking eyes that are blue, dark green, or clear brown?
- Do you have dark eyebrows and dark eyelashes?
- Is your coloring contrasting between dark and light?
- Does your hair have ebony tones?
- Does your skin have a pinkish or bluish tone?
If you are Clear and Cool, you are a Clear Winter.
Clear Winters have an overall look that is clear and contrasting.