The Summer color palette is cool and delicate.
To help you determine your personal color palette, refer to this post which includes a handy flowchart to eliminate guessing!
- If you are a Summer that means there is a low level of contrast between your hair and eye color. However you can also have cool deep hair, eye color and light skin.
- You have an overall cool and ashy coloring no matter if your hair is blonde or brown, whether your skin is light or dark.
- Your eyes have a soft, cool tone quality to them, like slate or blue. Often with some gray to them, such as grayish hazel, grayish blue, or grayish green.
- Your skin is dominantly cool with pink or blue undertone.
- Your hair color is cool and ashy, with little or no red or golden highlights. Hair color within the Summer season ranges from the lightest and ashiest blonde to deep ash brown.
Some examples of celebs who are Summers:
As a summer you are the most delicate and coolest season of all fours seasons. You will generally have muted coloring with medium-light to medium-dark intensity. Many dark-haired Summers get mistaken for being a Winter. However the difference between a dark haired Summer and a Winter is the quality of the coloring. Summers are softer where Winters are vivid.
It is possible for women of color to be a Summer but they need to have an overall cool coloring as well as an eye color other than brown.
Summers will want to avoid wearing warm, dark colors which will overpower your naturally cool and delicate tones, leaving you looking washed out.
The Winter palette is coming up next!